"Children come into this world with fresh eyes to see all that is beautiful, embrace all that is joyful, and love unconditionally with open hearts and minds."

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

50th Anniversary Celebration!

It's been a while since I last blogged... the month of July has been so busy with lots of fun family time. I thought that I'd have more time to blog as a SAHM, but I'm having a hard time finding the time. I'm still settling into my new routine... at the same time, I'm trying to catch up on projects around the house and making time to share special moments and planned activities with my girls. All things that I didn't have time to do when I worked full-time. My idea for the blog was to record our time together as a family so I have some catching up to do!

Last Saturday evening, we celebrated my parents 50th Anniversary! They've been married since 1959! The entire week was crazy with getting the house in order, food and cake ordered, food prep, decorations, etc ready... it was a world-wind week. In the end, we were happy with how it went.... the weather was perfect, the food was delicious, the 50's music was fun and everyone seemed to have a great time.
[My Bob loves entertaining in our home and our girls had a blast with all of their cousins!] I forgot to do a couple things that we planned for my parents because the night flew-by and absent-minded me forgot to put out some food for the party [which is something that happens almost every time I entertain or have a party.... Not that it mattered because there was tons of food and tons leftover at the end of the night]. My only complaint is that the night went by way to quick! Seven of my parents eight children with their significant others and sixteen of their twenty-three grandchildren were there to celebrate with my parents.
1959:


my Mom and her Maid of Honor
my Mom and my Grandpop Brett
Exchanging rings
the new Mr & Mrs!

Honeymoon send-off...
Honeymoon in Florida....
Mom
Dad...
2009:
My Parents 50th! :)
I put together a memory board of their wedding for the party (behind the cake)... and had framed photos of them on some of the buffet tables.

Fifteen of their twenty-three Grandchildren in the picture below!
Picture of me with 3 of my 7 siblings...

My parents danced together at the end of the night.... what a way to end a great celebration of their 50 blissful years of marriage!


Happy 50th Anniversary Mom & Dad!!
We Love You!


My Mom made the comment that it felt like a long weekend not 50 years (sure Mom!).

Sydney has not stopped talking about the party. She loves her Grandmom... She said that Grandmom was her favorite person at the party and that swimming in the pool with all her cousins was the best part of the entire night.

PS-Check out the Beautiful Life link party at the Inspired Room! The post on my parents seems so appropriate for this week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails