"Children come into this world with fresh eyes to see all that is beautiful, embrace all that is joyful, and love unconditionally with open hearts and minds."

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blessed!

I had the most wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day today with my hubby and girls. I woke-up to a BEAUTIFUL day with a wonderful BREEZE coming through the bedroom windows. Bob and the girls handed me four wonderful cards before I even rolled out of bed. Sophia let me borrow her "Me, Me, Me, it's all about Me Button". The Mother's Day card said that she wants it back tomorrow (no surprise to ME!).

We walked around the Village of Skippack Pennsylvania. They were having a Spring Fest event so the village was bustling with vendors and families that were out & about for Mother's Day brunch reservations. We had a fun brunch at Basta Pasta in Skippack. The food was YUM. The girls were angels during lunch (and the entire day for that matter!). We stopped by a craft booth which seemed to be the highlight of Sydney and Sophia's day. They both made a layered, colored sand bottle creation. Sydney was so proud of it. She held the bottle of sand on the drive home with a big smile on her face (the smile never left even went she started to dose off in the car). It was a smile of pure contentment... she really loves quality family time and will be getting much more of it very soon! Once we returned home, Sydney and I took a 2+ hour NAP in my bed which is not something I would normally do, but it felt good and was a nice ending to a beautiful morning. 


Bob made the day extra special by being extremely attentive which is something he does well and often! It was an ordinary day, but at the same time an extraordinary day with the girls giving me hugs, kisses and " I love yous" all day long. I am blessed more than I could ever imagine.

Below are some pics from brunch with my 3 favorite people in the whole, wide world!

I love you, Bob, Sydney & Sophia. Thank you for my special day!!
xoxoxo Love, Mamma




Tomorrow, I will post a pic of their sand bottle creations!

Happy Mother's Day!
--Susan

3 comments:

Pearls and Grace said...

You have a beautiful family!!! I see that we have the love of the Lord and family in common. So nice to meet you!

Many Blessings!

Sibi

nic said...

this is such a sweet series of photos...and i love the glimpses of your house in the background. beautiful.

sounds like your week started off perfectly...i hope the rest of the week is just as grand.

:)

Megan said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! Your family is so beautiful! Yeah, my sisters & I get a long better now that we're adults. When we were kids, we were the typical siblings fighting all of the time. We grew up and now are the best of friends! It looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails