"Children come into this world with fresh eyes to see all that is beautiful, embrace all that is joyful, and love unconditionally with open hearts and minds."

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pacifairy

I read in Parenting magazine a while ago that the best way to get a child to give up the pacifier was to suggest that they pass it on to a little baby. We mentioned this to Sydney a couple times to no avail. The other day, I was reading a similar "paci junkie" article in Parenting magazine.... soooo I tried it again when I kissed Sydney goodnight... and she said "NO" (with a smile). The next morning she woke up and told me she wanted to give her pacifiers to a little baby.
...
FINALLY!!! after 2yrs, 9mo & 3 weeks on Sept 24th, Sydney said goodbye to her pacifier.

Daddy helped her decorate an envelope and then I walked her to the mailbox so she could mail it to the PaciFairy. She was all smiles! She never mentioned her pacifier again. I couldn't believe it! I think it was harder for me to see it go. I'm so proud of my big girl!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails